Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Quatro and Cinco de Mayo

In honor of Dee Dee Sue's birthday (yesterday) and the calendar-count-down day of the 5th of May (today), I considered letting the shoes out of the bag.

Their original sin: a week of slogging through July streets too disgusting to describe (and yet we do it every year) and in the haste of departure, bagged so as not to contaminate the rest of the contents in my suitcase. Once home, the thought of letting them out of the bag was too dirty a task to face (tomorrow was a word I whispered to no-one).

The bag slowly made its way to the back of my closet. But as another season of stomping in the gray filth with white pants approaches, I'm called, faintly, from behind the winter boots now tossed on top. Pulled from behind a long winter of heavy footwear, the bag sees the light of day. But can I open it?

Even the Cinco de Mayo doesn't give me the courage. Perhaps tomorrow. Or else the 6th of June.
.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, hope you don't mind strangers dropping in here, but I saw you were the first follower of the "My Cellphone" blog, which is done be a friend here in France, so thought I'd take a look at his first follower's place... voila...

    ReplyDelete